Avian Specific Resources
Did you know:
- Antibiotic sensitivity testing for anaerobes.
- Do you have a bird with coughing, sneezing, crackles, or rales? See our list of Avian Respiratory Diseases Samples to submit and Epidemiology (aetiologic agents, clinical signs etc) of common bacterial and viral infections as well as a list of Miscellaneous causes of respiratory disease in birds.
- Infectious Bursal Disease Virus in Chickens. A low virulence strain of IBD has recently been discovered in New Zealand. IBD causes inflammation followed by atrophy of the bursa of Fabricius with variable degrees of immunosuppression.
- Coccidiosis in Poultry (Article first published in VetScript, New Zealand Veterinary Association, May 2018)
- How much blood is needed?
- When providing Postmortem Samples more is better!
- A picture is Worth a Thousand Words! Pictures can be a big help when Interpreting histological and cytological samples.
- Microbiologists are amazing but they are not miracle workers!
- Exotic Help: https://www.exoticshelp.co.nz/